An exchange student is a student (officially registered in a university or other institution for higher education abroad) who temporarily lives in a foreign country and attends courses or is involved in other academic activities.
Exchange students do NOT receive a diploma from LUCA. However, all academic results will be sent to your university abroad in the form of a certificate or transcript of records.
You can study at LUCA as an exchange student on condition that there is a cooperation agreement between the university where you are currently studying and LUCA. You can obtain more information about cooperation agreements from the international office at your university or college. The courses offered to exchange students vary depending on the specialisation and campus you choose. If you have questions, please contact the international office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exchange students must take into account the following deadlines to submit an official application:
- Applications autumn/winter semester and full year: 30th of April 2018 (regarding our campus Lemmens, it's the only application deadline).
- Applications spring semester: 1st of November 2018 (spring term mobility is not standardly possible in every study programme: in other programmes it may be requested on individual base and after evaluation by the chosen programme leader) (not possible for Lemmens!).
The exact semester dates can slightly vary every year and depending on the local campus organisation. However usually, semester one (Autumn/Winter Semester) starts around the middle of September and finishes around the end of January. Semester two (Spring/Summer Semester) starts at the beginning of February and finishes at the end of June.
In view of a smooth processing of every individual application, kindly read and follow the steps below:
1. Nomination beforehand by your international coordinator at home . Prior to applying the exchange coordinator at your home university must confirm your nomination preferably by e-mail: email@example.com
2. Application preparation:
- Complete the application form in all its fields (clearly indicate which studio you are interested in and at which campus you would like to spend your exchange). You are allowed to choose utmost two programmes or studios, irrelevant the campus location, but rank them in terms of preference. Notice that students who are interested in Music, should use the AEC application form and not the regular application form.
- be sure to attach all required documents as described on the last page of the application form.
- if a portfolio is required, keep its size under the max. size (except for Film, Video and Animation Film related studies)
3. send the complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org only, do not use any other address
Particular points of attention:
- Please convert documents to PDF;
- Do not send the several attachments collected as one file/binder, keep them as separate documents and preferably name the documents by their contents (CV, motivation, …), this makes their processing easier. Also, tag each document with your name and first name, like ‘DE NEEVE JAN – CV’;
- Preferably do not ZIP your application file;
- Do not send the application file through any download site, nor link (this is reserved to Film, Video and Animation Film related studies only who can use WeTransfer!) and do not send attachments as inline attachments, this too often causes the computer to freeze, especially if sent from a Mac device.
Students who are applying for all programmes in Arts, Design and Construction (except for Music) use the general LUCA exchange application form.
Students applying for Music programmes use the AEC (Assocation Européenne des Conservatoires) application form.
Download both application forms at the bottom of the page.
Result of the application?
The outcome of the application can be expected within 6 (utmost 8 weeks) after the application deadline. Both you and your international coordinator will be informed about the result of your application by personal e-mail, there is no need to inquire about the outcome yourself.
Important notice on the Learning Agreement
Considering the study programme during the exchange depends upon the study field and studio of acceptance, it is indispensable to be accepted first before the exact course offer can be defined in view of drawing the Learning Agreement.
Official letters of admission will not be shipped per express mail services (UPS, DHL,...) except on demand of the appplicant who needs to bear the costs of the shipment. LUCA will make an invoice for the shipping expenses and after the applicant has wired the amount to LUCA we will send you the documents by express mail delivery.