The Government of Flanders awards Master Mind Scholarships to outstanding students taking a Master's degree programme in Flanders.
The 2019-2020 edition of the scholarship programme was launched in December 2018 and expired March 1st 2019. Currently there is no open call for scholarship applications!
The call for the 2020-2021 edition will be launched late December 2019 and will be published on www.studyinflanders.be. Please keep in mind that the information underneath might still refer to the call for the 2019-2020 edition.
Per call LUCA will nominate up to 4 outstanding students who will start a Master’s programme in the following academic year. In order to be eligible for the scholarship programme, you have to complete your application for an eligible Master’s programme at LUCA by the deadline of the 1st of March.
- The student has applied upon the deadline of March 1st for access to an eligible master’s programme at LUCA School of Arts in academic year 2019-2020. The application requirements for our Master’s programmes can be found on our website. Please consult the list of master's programmes here that qualify for a 2019 Master Mind Scholarship
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution are not eligible. The only exception is made for international students who are enrolled in a LUCA preparatory programme in ay. 2018-2019 with the purpose of entering the master's programme in September 2019.
- The student has a high standard of academic performance and potential.
- The student has a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0. Please consult the GPA calculator.
- Quality of the artistic portfolio: an assessment will determine whether one possesses the required basic (artistic) competencies for the master’s course of his/her choice. There is no direct admission to our master's degree programmes without portfolio review.
- The student has a good knowledge and command of the language of instruction of the master’s programme, regardless of the minimum scores required by the master's programme. At the School of Arts, students who apply for a master programme have at least:
- a minimum overall score of 6.5 on the IELTS test
- a minimum total score of 90 on the TOEFL test
- a B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference
- a similar result in another official language test recognized by LUCA School of Arts
- All nationalities are eligible. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who enrol for the following programmes for the academic year 2019-2020 are not eligible for the Master Mind Scholarships: preparatory programmes and distance learning.
- Student mobility during the master's programme is allowed if supported by the master programme. However, at least half of the credits of the master's programme must be obtained at the Flemish higher education institution.
- The duration of the mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the Master’s programme.
- The student receives a maximum scholarship of € 8,000 per academic year.
- Master Mind Scholarship holders pay a reduced tuition fee. The rate for the 2019-2020 academic year is € 110.8. This rate may increase slightly in the following years.
- Students should not combine this scholarship with another scholarship from the Flemish Government or an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
Procedure and timing at LUCA School of Arts for the Master Mind scholarship application
The selection flow consist of an internal selection process which takes place at LUCA School of Arts and an external selection process by the VLURH agency that manages the scholarship programme and provides the scholarships.
The procedures and timing of the selection flow can be found in the attached document ‘Internal Regulations’.
Contact the International Office for further enquiries or information:
Ms Hannah Dick or Mr. Wim Aerts
Tel: 32 2 250 11 00