- Research unit Music & Drama
- Research group Performance, Practice & Composition
My artistic research aims to revive the Renaissance practice of improvised counterpoint. My basis will be a close study of Ms. Paris, BnF, Esp. 219, a treatise allegedly written by Vicente Lusitano. I will examine and learn the numerous contrapuntal techniques of this source, with the goal of incorporating them into my performances as refined historical skills.
Research rooted in practice will help me to present my artistic output on CD recordings featuring improvised counterpoint. Ultimately, I will be able to bring the results of my research onto the postmodern concert stage at the highest possible artistic level.
- Supervisor: prof. dr. David Burn (KU Leuven)
- Co-supervisor: prof. dr. Philippe Canguilhem (Université Toulouse II Jean Jaurès)
- Co-supervisor: mr. Bart Coen (LUCA)
- Duration: 2019 - 2023
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org