- Research unit Music & Drama
- Research group Performance, Practice & Composition
My research will be an exploration of the possibility of new music for the fortepiano, taking into consideration its special position of a truly historical instrument (as opposed to the harpsichord with its modern form). The study will be practice-led, centred on my activities as a composer-performer, exploring the fortepiano's physical distinctiveness from the modern pianos, including the study of compositional dialogues with 'pastness', and finally synthesising the study into new works and their performances alongside Classical repertoire.
- Supervisor: dr. Jeroen D'Hoe (LUCA)
- Co-supervisor: Tom Beghin (Orpheus Institute)
- Duration: 2017-2021
- Contact: email@example.com