Prepare your stay

Information about how to obtain a VISA / residence permit.

Information about how to register as an international students at the local city office or townhall

Once you’ve arrived in Belgium, you will need to present yourself at your local city office or town hall to register your long-stay (i.e. of more than 90 days) and apply for a residence card.

Depending on whether you have EU or non-EU nationality, the process will be slightly different. Please find a link to more information about this process in the different cities of our campuses:

Information about language learning possibilities.

Information about insurance policies for students.

Information about the welcome activities and the buddy system at LUCA.

Information about the necessity and the usage of a blocked account.

Find a student room in Gent, Brussel, Leuven or Genk. 

Getting around in Brussel, Gent, Leuven and Genk. 

About LUCA School of Arts

LUCA School of Arts is the only university college in Flanders exclusively dedicated to art and design, making it unique in the region. The art school combines the strengths and expertise of five renowned Flemish higher education institutions for art and design, spread across Brussels, Genk, Ghent and Leuven. Most of the programmes are in taught in Dutch, but LUCA offers six full-English MA programmes on its campuses in Brussels and Leuven.

Studying in Flanders

Find here the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE).

Information about the educational system in Flanders and how its structured.

ECTS, the European Credit Transfer System is the credit system used by LUCA School of Arts.