How can music education contribute to community work? What are the opportunities and limitations of language in contemporary music education? Together with field experts and fellow future (music) educators, you will experience eleven exciting days dealing with these challenging issues.
From 4 to 14 Sep 2019
There will be active music workshops (plug-sessions) and challenging talks and discussions (unplug-sessions). In group, you will realise your own projects on several locations in Leuven (play-sessions), and enjoy the good life this city and Belgium have to offer. Participation is granted with 3 ECTS credtise Leuven and Belgium have to offer. Participation are granted with 3 ECTS credits.
Masterclasses with, among others:
- Catherine Debu (IMEP, Belgium)
- Thomas De Baets (LUCA School of Arts/KU Leuven)
- Adri de Vugt (Royal Conservatoire The Hague, The Netherlands)
- Kurt Feyaerts (KU Leuven)
- Marina Gall (University of Bristol, UK)
- Isolde Malmberg (Rostock University of Music and Drama, Germany)
- Hélène Stuyckens (IMEP, Belgium)
- Yvonne Wasserloos (Rostock University of Music and Drama, Germany)
The schedule will be announced later.
Registration fee is €300, including:
- Twelve nights including breakfast at a youth hostel in the center of Leuven
- Eleven lunches and dinners
- Access and transportation to all extra-curricular activities, including:
- A visit to Antwerp
- A guided tour in Leuven
- A visit to the Stella Artois brewery
Every bachelor and master student in training to become a culture or music educator, is welcome. A professional or academic music training is not required. However, deep interest in music and musical background are necessary conditions.
LUCA Campus Lemmens Leuven, Belgium
LUCA School of Arts, Campus Lemmens is located on a hill near the historical center of Leuven, a lively university city and hometown of the biggest brewery in the world.
Come and experience some animated summer nights after a hard day’s work. Furthermore, we will visit Brussels, capital of the EU, which is only 20 km away from Leuven.
The organisation is done by LUCA School of Arts, in cooperation with Rostock University of Music & Drama, Royal Conservatoire The Hague and Malmö Academy of Music.