UPDATE (7/3/2022)

Attention: the FAQs are regularly updated. If you have any doubts about something, read them again.


We are switching to code Yellow!

The following new measures will take effect on all campuses of the LUCA School of Arts.

  • Events (except for parties) can again take place under certain conditions. Read more about this in the FAQs.
  • In our cafeterias, it's again allowed to sit at a table with several people.
  • Teleworking is no longer compulsory, but it's recommended. Anyone who comes to work on campus must consult their manager on this matter. CO2 meters and ventilation remain applicable at the workplaces.
  • In code yellow, mouth masks are no longer required.

What if the government changes the rules?

We will of course apply them. We closely monitor the decisions of the government and we examine what that means for us. We always communicate about this as soon as possible.

Read more in the FAQ's

Do I still need to wear a mouth mask on campus?

No, it is no longer compulsory to wear a mouth mask. We recommend wearing a mask if you are with several people in a smaller room. Vulnerable persons and all those who do not feel very confident are advised to wear an FFP2 mask. This mask protects you well. Anyone who has (mild) symptoms but is still on campus or has had a high-risk contact should wear a mask.

Can we organise events on the campus again?

Events can take place again (except for parties and celebrations) without any conditions.
As always, request your event well in advance through the activity calendar of your campus.

Are you infected or ill? 

If you are showing symptoms of corona infection, be sure to stay at home. Contact your doctor or fill in the questionnaire. If you test positive, you must of course follow the guidelines regarding quarantine and/or COVID tests (these differ depending on your vaccination status). In case of a positive test, report this to LUCA:

For students and staff via: https://associatie.kuleuven.be/diensten/informatie/corona/luca/covid19-…

We no longer organise active contact tracing but the reports are registered and followed up to take appropriate measures if necessary. It is therefore important that, in the event of an infection, you pass on the names of any close contacts on campus to Flemish Contact tracing and mijngezondheid.be.

Why use a CO2 meter?

Good air quality on the premises is essential. Regular ventilation of the classrooms is therefore necessary. If you have doubts or questions about the effectiveness or when it is best to ventilate, you can certainly borrow a CO2 meter from the lending service or the reception desk on campus.  

What do the colours mean?

Green: OK
Yellow: additional ventilation required
Red: maximum ventilation is necessary

Where can I borrow a CO2 meter?

To monitor the air quality, LUCA makes several mobile CO2 meters available on each campus. Staff members can borrow these from the lending services or the reception of their campus.


Impact of deferred 2021 and 2022 graduation dates for admission applications

Covid-19 has largely disturbed the final exams and evaluation periods of schools and universities all over the world. We understand this also may influence your initial graduation date or delay the expected issuing date of your high school or university diploma/Transcript of records.  Every case will be evaluated individually and with a flexible approach to a certain extent.

English language tests in 2022 for admission applications

Same with many suspended on-site English language tests. At-home testing and other alternative testing methods offered by the recognized centres during the COVID-19 pandemic will also be accepted for the 2022-2023 intake. Besides the usual English language tests, we will also accept online alternatives that are currently offered by TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition and the IELTS Indicator. Also, the ACT Test is accepted as an alternative.

Defer of your admission from 2021-2022 to the 2022-2023 academic year

Students who opt to defer their admissions to the 2022-2023 academic year due to Covid-19 circumstances have to take into account the following:

  • Students who have passed one of the mandatory artistic aptitude tests or master assessments and who were admitted to the 2021-2022 academic year are allowed to defer to 2022-2023 without passing the artistic aptitude test again. The test result is valid for two consecutive years: 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 as well, but its validity may expire if you change programme, graduation tracks or specialization. Please contact admissions@luca-arts.be for further inquiries.
  • If you decide to defer for the 2021-2022 academic year after payment of the tuition fee, please check the requirements in our cancelling and refund regulation in place.

What if the government changes the rules?

We will of course apply them. We closely monitor the decisions of the government and we examine what that means for us. We always communicate about this as soon as possible.


    Travel - Current principles

    As federal travel policies change frequently, it's recommended that you consult the relevant travel information on government websites to know whether quarantine and testing are required in your case. The Passenger Locator Form must always be completed.

    More information about travelling to Belgium on the Info-Coronavirus website.

    What to do if the Belgian government issued a travel ban for several high-risk countries. Can I still travel to Belgium from these countries?

    Check the government website for the most up-to-date list of countries where a travel ban applies.


    Please take into account that travels between certain non-European ‘high risk’ countries and Belgium may not yet be possible or imposed further travel restrictions. The government website shows the most up-to-date list of countries where a travel ban applies. Visa activities may be temporarily suspended and will resume after an unlimited period. Also, the number of flights to Belgium may be limited.  Contact the Belgian Embassy or Consulate in your home country to get the last visa application instructions, but also about their scheduled re-start of their activities: https://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/services/embassies_and_consulates.

    Also at European level restrictions on travels from countries outside the EU to Europe/Schengen countries are set. Please consult COVID-19: travel from outside the EU - Consilium (europa.eu) for any recent updates. Visa and border regulations may always change at very short notice.  

    Information about the application procedure of study visas for Belgium: :https://www.luca-arts.be/en/visa-and-residence-permits and https://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/services/travel_to_belgium/studying_in_belgium.

    Upon entry in Belgium, every student travelling from outside Belgium has to complete the Public Health Passenger Locator Form.


    I come from a country other than Belgium. Where can I get vaccinated and do I need to do this?

    Yes, if you are not (fully) vaccinated upon arrival, we urge you to do so. Contact the International Office to ask for a ‘BIS – number which you need to present along with your passport at the vaccination centre.

    You can get vaccinated in Brusselshttps://coronavirus.brussels/en/home-2/

    You can get vaccinated in Ghenthttps://stad.gent/nl/alles-over-corona-gent/vaccinatie-tegen-corona

    You can get vaccinated in Leuvenhttps://leuven.be/en/vaccinatie

    You can get vaccinated in Genk: https://www.genk.be/laatjevaccineren (click on "Get vaccinated - andere talen- other languages"

    Information on where to get vaccinated in another city than above (in Dutch)

    What is a self-test?

    A self-test is an antigen test. They can be performed and read off immediately, so the result is available quickly (usually after 15 minutes). A self-test is less reliable than a PCR test.  Self-testing is not compulsory.

    I test positive with the self-test. Is a PCR test still necessary? 
    By using the offered self-tests, you agree to the following arrangements in case a self-test is positive:

    You immediately go into isolation
    You immediately contact your GP for a PCR test. The result of the PCR test will determine whether you are actually infected or not.

    Where can I get vaccinated?

    In Brussels: https://coronavirus.brussels/nl/vaccinatie-covid-menu/vaccinatie-covid-…

    In Ghent: https://stad.gent/nl/alles-over-corona-gent/vaccinatie-tegen-corona

    In Leuven: https://leuven.be/vaccinatie

    In Genk: https://www.genk.be/laatjevaccineren 

    Where else in Flanders? https://www.laatjevaccineren.be/vaccinatiecentra-in-vlaanderen-waar-kri…

    Do you still have doubts or questions about vaccination? https://www.laatjevaccineren.be/

    Can I go abroad for my studies?

    Our travel policy allows you to travel to countries within the EEA, the UK and Switzerland. An exception may be made for dark red zones and areas with a high circulation of 'variants of concern', as indicated by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.

    For all travel to countries outside the EEA, UK and Switzerland, LUCA will take into account the travel policy of KU Leuven. This policy will apply until further notice, but will also evolve with the epidemiological situation worldwide.

    You can always consult the website of Foreign Affairs for current travel advice.


    Do I have to work from home?

    Working from home is no longer mandatory, but it is recommended. 

    Can I go on a business trip for the LUCA School of Arts?
    As a staff member individually go on a study trip and participating in conferences, events, workshops, etc. is possible. The same travel policy as for students are being applied. 

    In the run-up to your business trip, we check the colour of the region to which you wish to travel. Note that the KU Leuven travel policy still stipulates that work-related travel to dark red EU regions or regions with a high circulation of ‘variants of concern’ is not allowed regardless of whether you have a COVID certificate or not.

    Before your departure, the colour of your destination will be checked. If the country or zone of your destination abroad turns red before departure, a travel advice decision will be taken in compliance with the following procedure (Sharepoint).

    If the trip can continue, please don’t forget to register in the LUCA travel log to be in order with the travel insurance policy of LUCA: https://sharepoint.luca-arts.be/Verzekeringen/SitePages/Reisregister.aspx .

    Is incoming personnel mobility of guest speakers, guest lecturers, ... possible? 

    Incoming staff mobility for educational activities is possible. Please consult the government website for concrete and detailed information.

    Do you have any questions about the impact of the virus on your education? Send an email to info@luca-arts.be

    Main sources of information: