The study costs can be subdivided into the tuition fee (registration and examination fee) and the additional (material) costs.
The tuition fee consists of a fixed part (which every student pays at registration) and a variable part (per registered credit). The total amount of the tuition fee is determined by
- the type of study contract under which you are registered
- the number of credits for which you are registered
- the number of registrations
- your personal statute (scholarship student, non-scholarship student, …)
- your nationality
- the credits on your learning account.
Degree students from EEA countries pay the same tuition fee as Flemish students. In some cases, students from non-EEA countries pay an amount that is considerably higher than the fee for Flemish students. If you are coming to LUCA as an exchange student, you do not pay any tuition fees. You will, however, have to pay for your own art materials, photocopies, etc.
Besides the tuition fee, each academic year you will also have to pay an additional (material) cost. This additional cost differs between studio's and fluctuates between €200 and €400 per academic year. More information about the fees and costs can be found in the downloads below.
Payment in installments
LUCA students with a diploma contract can submit a motivated request to pay their tuition fee and additional costs in installments using the ProForm tool:
The ultimate deadline to submit a motivated request is 29 October!
Students without scholarship of the Flemish government can pay their tuition fee and additional costs in four installments:
- At registration: the administrative cost (€247,90)
- 1 November: the additional costs (differs between studio's from €200 to €400 per academic year) and possible extra's such as a bus card (only for Leuven), insurance, culture or sport pass (only for Leuven)
- 15 January: first half of the module fee (non-scholarship students: amount of registered credits x €5,95)
- 1 March: second half of the module fee (non-scholarship students: amount of registered credits x €5,95)
Students with a scholarship of the Flemisch government can pay their tuition fee and additional costs in two installments:
- At registration: the administrative cost (€113,20)
- 1 November: the additional costs (differs between studio's from €200 to €400 per academic year)
The possibility to pay the tuition fee and additional costs in installments is not allowed for students exclusively registered as creditcontract.
Master Mind Scholarship Call 2021-2022
The Government of Flanders awards Master Mind Scholarships to outstanding students taking a Master's degree programme in Flanders.
The 2021-2022 edition of the scholarship programme was launched and published on the website of Study in Flanders and will expire March 1st 2021.
Per call LUCA will nominate up to 4 outstanding students who will start a Master’s programme in the following academic year. In order to be eligible for the scholarship programme, you have to complete your application for an eligible Master’s programme at LUCA by the deadline of March 1st.
- The student has applied upon the deadline of March 1 for access to an eligible master’s programme at LUCA School of Arts in academic year 2021-2022. The application requirements for our Master’s programmes can be found under 'application'. Please consult the list of master's programmes here that qualify for a 2021-2022 Master Mind Scholarship
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution are not eligible. The only exception is made for international students who are enrolled in a LUCA preparatory programme in ay. 2020-2021 with the purpose of entering the master's programme in September 2021.
- The student has a high standard of academic performance and potential.
- The student has a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0. Please consult the GPA calculator.
- Quality of the artistic portfolio: an assessment will determine whether one possesses the required basic (artistic) competencies for the master’s course of his/her choice. There is no direct admission to our master's degree programmes without portfolio review.
- The student has a good knowledge and command of the language of instruction of the master’s programme, regardless of the minimum scores required by the master's programme. At the School of Arts, students who apply for a master programme have at least:
- a minimum overall score of 6.5 on the IELTS test
- a minimum total score of 90 on the TOEFL test
- a B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference
- a similar result in another official language test recognized by LUCA School of Arts
- All nationalities are eligible. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who enrol for the following programmes for the academic year 2020-2021 are not eligible for the Master Mind Scholarships: preparatory programmes and distance learning.
- Student mobility during the master's programme is allowed if supported by the master programme. However, at least half of the credits of the master's programme must be obtained at the Flemish higher education institution.
- The duration of the mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the Master’s programme.
- The student receives a maximum scholarship of € 8,000 per academic year.
- Master Mind Scholarship holders pay a reduced tuition fee. The rate for the 2021-2022 academic year is € 113. This rate may increase slightly in the following years.
- Students should not combine this scholarship with another scholarship from the Flemish Government or an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
Procedure and Timing
The selection flow consist of an internal selection process which takes place at LUCA School of Arts and an external selection process by the VLUHR agency that manages the scholarship programme and provides the scholarships.
The procedures and timing of the selection flow can be found in the attached document ‘Internal Regulations’.
- Ms. Hannah Dick or Mr. Wim Aerts
- Call 2021 Master Mind Scholarships_Application form LUCA
- Call 2021-2022 Master Mind Scholarships_Annex 1_How to calculate your American GPA
- Call 2021-2022 Master Mind Scholarships_Annex 2_Payment of the scholarship
- Call 2021-2022 Master Mind Scholarships
- Master Mind Call 2021_Internal Regulation_DEF