Students who are enrolled at LUCA School of Arts are covered:
- For student accidents: coverage for physical accidents (personal injuries) during study-related activities. This coverage is both included for EEA and non-EEA students. More information: Student accidents – Insurance Office,
- By the civil liability insurance of the university, but only during the study-related activities. If a student causes damage to a third party during their ‘personal/private time’, they have to consult their personal liability insurance (please read bullet point n°3).
Students who are enrolled at LUCA School of Arts can optionally affiliate to:
- Personal (third-party) liability: this coverage for property damage or physical injury caused to a third-party (someone else) during your private life is not standardly covered by LUCA, except for non-EEA students who mandatory have to affiliate:
- EEA students can optionally join the policy, the affiliation is not automatic,
- non-EEA students have to take personal third-party liability on compulsory basis and will be affiliated with the policy upon enrolment at LUCA. The annual premium is 10 euro in the first year of study and 5 euro for the following years.
More information: https://admin.kuleuven.be/sab/vz/en/liability-private-students
- The travel insurance of KU Leuven Association for incoming students, but only if specific insurance requirements are imposed by a third party. It’s only for specific groups of students where LUCA is obligated to provide travel insurance (for instance short-term (<3 months) mobility or research scholars). A proof of travel insurance is usually not required when applying for a Belgian study visa.
Moreover, international students who enrol at LUCA can also optionally affiliate to the travel insurance of KU Leuven Association, but only if specific insurance requirements are imposed by a third party. A proof of travel insurance is usually not required when applying for a study visa.
Moreover, all residents in Belgium, Belgian nationals or otherwise, are required by law to be covered by a health insurance policy.
- Students who are EEA nationals should obtain a so-called European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) proving you already have insurance coverage in their home country.
- Students who are resident of a non-EEA country need to affiliate with a Belgian health insurance fund of their choice.
More information about health insurance and health care through the dedicated website of StuVo (Student Services): https://www.luca-arts.be/nl/student-support-services#health_care_
Important note: if you have specific questions or inquiries, please contact first and foremost firstname.lastname@example.org and not the KU Leuven Insurance Office!!